To apply for a surveillance camera kit, please see the information below. Representatives of Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful are also available to provide an overview of the program and technical assistance via phone or email.
General Program Documents and Links
- IDFPA Program Fact Sheet (.pdf)
- Camera FAQ
- Program FAQ
- Research and reports on illegal dumping and litter
Application and Progress Report Forms
- Fill out the online grant application
- Permission to Enter Form (.pdf) Required for any non-public areas prior to camera installation.
- Progress report (.pdf) or fill out the online progress report
- Program Results Report (pdf) Due when returning cameras upon completion of program participation.
Education and Media Templates.
Informing elected officials, media, administrators, and the general public about the negative effects and potential underlying causes of litter and illegal dumping are essential to reducing this burden on our communities and environment. Save and edit the documents below in Microsoft Word or a similar word processor and use in your efforts to educate others on these issues. We are always interested to hear your success stories or experiences with dumping and littering public education. Contact us here.
- Want to educate your local District Magistrate about litter and illegal dumping in your community? Download a letter template here. (.docx)
Magistrate Judges most often handle court cases for litter and illegal dumping. Depending on the ordinance or statute filed by the enforcement officer, the judge may or may not have discretion for the amount of monetary fines and/or community service penalties issued to guilty offenders.
- Want to educate public officials or legislators about litter and illegal dumping? Download a legislative letter template here. (.docx)
State laws can have an enormous impact on how trash and recycling, and hazardous wastes can be disposed of, including difficult-to-dispose items like tires and electronics. Ensuring affordable, accessible disposal is an important part of the solution to illegal dumping. State programs also can provide important resources to address underlying community issues such as blight.
In addition, state statutes, which are written by the PA Legislature, are often used by enforcement officers to penalize those who litter and illegally dump. Learn more about PA dumping and littering laws here.
Guides and Resources from Keep America Beautiful
- Enforcement and Prosecution Guide (.pdf)
Contains many important resources on setting up enforcement programs, overview of how citations and the courts work, benefits and drawbacks of various approaches, and examples from across the country of programs
- Collaboration Guide (.pdf)
Resources for affiliates, local governments and other stakeholders on best to work together to reduce litter and illegal dumping in their community.
- Model Illegal Dumping and Litter Control Ordinance (.pdf)
- Being a Good Neighbor: A Guide to Reducing and Managing Litter (.pdf)
- Other KAB resources on littering, dumping, graffiti, recycling, beautification, blight and more.