Interested in starting a local Keep PA Beautiful affiliate in your area?
Learn more below about the benefits and requirements!
The Mission of Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful (KPB) is empowering Pennsylvanians to make our communities clean and beautiful. KPB promotes its mission through its diverse grassroots network across the state.
Who can become an Affiliate?
Our affiliates create a diverse network of different types of agencies throughout the state. Here's some examples of our groups: i
- A 501(c)3 non-profit
- County or municipal government department or agency. Some examples are county conservation districts, a Solid and Municipal Waste Authority or a local community action agency.
- Any robust group that can meet the requirements and that shares our vision of a clean and beautiful Pennsylvania can become a local affiliate.
Benefits of affiliation
- Access to Tools and Programs i
- Statewide Network of Peer Organizations
- Annual Affiliate Fund Grants
- Inclusion in statewide marketing efforts
- Affiliate Awards Program to recognize local partners and volunteers
- Volunteer management support
- Access to statewide research and data
- Quarterly trainings and/or networking calls
- Technical Assistance
- Annual Affiliate Roundtable
- E-Blasts and Network Updates
- Fiscal Sponsorship (Optional)
Requirements to become an affiliate
- Pay Initial, one-time Affiliation Fee of $250.00 ii.
- Set goals and objectives annually.
- Host or facilitate 5 programs or events annually.
- Complete program registration and reporting.
- Complete Annual Affiliate Report & Survey.
- Participate in 10 hours of KPB or KPB-approved training and education annually.
- Maintain liability insurance, including naming KPB as an additional insured. iii
- Sign Annual Affiliate Agreement.
- Pay Annual Administrative Fee of $100.00. ii
- Pay Annual Fiscal Sponsorship Fee of 2% of average annual balance or minimum of $150, if applicable.
Steps to establishing an affiliate
- To form a local Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful affiliate, please send a Letter of Interest. Include the following:
- Description of your organization and any past experiences with KPB.
- Organizational Goals and Objectives and how affiliation with KPB will build your capacity to help you reach them. If you do not have goals and objectives, these will be developed as part of your affiliation process.
- Name and contact information for the individual which will be primarily responsible for Affiliate administration.
- Include your 501c3 tax ID status. If you do not have a one, indicate if you wish KPB to be your fiscal sponsor.
- KPB Affiliate Coordinator will be in touch to schedule a meeting to discuss Affiliation requirements.
- Sign Affiliation Agreement and pay $250 Affiliation Fee and complete a community assessment and goal setting for your Affiliate. ii
- Get to work and have fun making your community more beautiful!
i.KAB Affiliates in good standing are automatically recognized as KPB Affiliates. KAB Affiliates receive the same level of program and recognition benefits as KPB Affiliates but they are not required to meet KPB Affiliate reporting and administrative requirements. KAB Affiliates do not have access to fiscal sponsorship by KPB.
ii.All fees subject to change.
iii.This requirement only applies to affiliates with which KPB does not serve as their fiscal sponsor.
Have questions? For more info and requirements, please contact Kylie McCutcheon, Affiliate Coordinator, at email@example.com or 877-772-3673, ext 114