Litter Hawk Youth Award Program
An Awards Program for Pennsylvania Youth in Grades K through 6th, sponsored in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
BECOME A LITTER HAWK AND OPEN YOUR EYES TO LITTER - SHOW US WHAT YOU SEE!
Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful is counting on kids in grades K through 6 who care about having clean places to live and play to become Litter Hawks and help people see how litter and trash hurt our environment through art, words, or video. Litter Hawks help people Open Their Eyes To Litter and inspire them to dispose of their trash and recycling properly.
- WHO: All Pennsylvania students in grades K - 6 are welcome to participate – individuals, school classrooms, homeschoolers, scout groups, clubs and other organized groups!
- WHAT: Prizes will be awarded to two entries per grade. Categories are: Poster (K-4), Essay (5), and Video (6) contest.
Winners will be announced in May in coordination with a display of winning entries at the PA State Capitol Building.
- WHEN: October 31 through January 31
- WHY: To inspire others to Open Their Eyes to Litter and take action!
Deadline for entries is January 31, 2024. Winners will be announced in May.
All entries must address the theme: OPEN YOUR EYES TO LITTER – SHOW US WHAT YOU SEE!
- Include Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful / Open Your Eyes to Litter in your artwork, essay, or video.
- Entries will be judged on creativity and how well it represents the theme.
- All entries become property of Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful and may be reproduced, distributed, displayed, or published in any media at any time. Original artwork cannot be returned.