Take the Pledge to be a Leader
Leaders for a Beautiful Pennsylvania showcases our legislators and other public officials that are “leading the way” in efforts to keep their communities beautiful.
This initiative encourages Leaders to participate or coordinate a local improvement project. An example of an improvement project can be:
- Cleanup – through our Pick Up Pennsylvania Spring or Fall program, Adoption program where you adopt a road, waterway, etc.
- Beautification – working with your local community and parks to plant trees or other landscaping or painting projects
- Recycling – assisting with a local special recycling event, sharing information on recycling and more
Clean and beautiful communities are the foundation for an attractive, yet healthy community with a prospering economy. Since 1990 – 2,581,183 volunteers have:
- picked up more than 147 million pounds of trash,
- recycled more than 11 million pounds of electronics, and
- properly disposed of 999,959 tires.
Please join Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful and “Take the Pledge” to be a Leader for a Beautiful Pennsylvania. Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful provides program tools and resources to help you get started in organizing or participating in a successful local improvement project.
Take the Leaders’ Pledge:
Join Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful in making all of our neighborhoods cleaner, safer, and more beautiful.
BY SIGNING THIS PLEDGE, I COMMIT TO:
- Organize, participate in and or promote cleanups, recycling, beautification and other community improvement events.
- Educate friends and neighbors about the importance of clean and beautiful communities.
- Encourage other Legislators and Public Officials to join me in keeping Pennsylvania beautiful!
People Who Have Taken the Leaders’ Pledge:
Ms. Tanya Chaney – Amazing Zen-Chaney’s Natural, LLC
Ms. Jennifer Daywalt – President of Council for the Borough of Modena
Honorable Tony DeLuca – Pennsylvania State Representative
Mr. George Hendricks – Change Agent for Trivum Packaging
Mr. Andy Tubbs – VP of External & Customer Affairs, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania
Ms. Cheryl Wimer – Roadside Specialist, PennDOT
Community Pride Award:
Public Officials that have taken the Pledge can nominate a volunteer, organization or business for the Community Pride Award which recognizes outstanding commitment to litter control, recycling, beautification and general environmental stewardship. Award applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
To see Community Pride Award Recipients, click here.
Questions regarding the Community Pride Award can contact Barb Christner at 877.772.3673 ext. 114 or email@example.com.
Program Tools and Resources:
- Publications– help educate your friends and neighbors by sharing valuable resources, the recent Litter Study, Municipal Cost Study and other materials.
- Sharing – login to your Facebook or other social media accounts and share our posts.
- Cleanup Resources – can be found on our Clean It page!
- Download a word documents with sample social media posts
- Download a Leaders for a Beautiful Pennsylvania logo jpg file
2020 Business Partners:
Whether a public/private partner or broad-based community organization, members of the Business Partners program are taking a leading role by making an investment in Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful’s mission. Click here to learn more about the membership packages offered through the Business Partners program.