The Mercury –
- Pick up litter near your favorite trail or stream. Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful has postponed its organized cleanup but its website has tips if you want to go it alone: www.keeppabeautiful.org.
- Pennsylvania is celebrating virtually in many ways. A list of links and suggestions at https://www.earthday50pa.org/a-virtual-celebration.html
- Participate in a statewide Bio Blitz on Wednesday. Any observation you make on iNaturalist will be counted towards the record of species that call Pennsylvania home. iNaturalist will compile the data collected and give us a snapshot of the most common (or rare) sightings for the day. Go to iNaturalist.org to sign up.
- Pa Conservation Heritage has a lineup of biographies and documentaries that show the state’s rich conservation history: https://paconservationheritage.org/
- Shippensburg University will hold a virtual signing of a climate commitment. A link to its Zoom event is on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2630471910570002/
- WITF is hosting a virtual screening of Penn’s Woods: Cradle of Conservation at 7 p.m. followed by discussion. RSVP to attend here: https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/pwkhq