We will not be offering the Fresh Paint Days program in 2021, but please check back here in 2022!
Fresh Paint Days Pennsylvania is a program designed to provide community groups with paint and painting supplies enabling them to renew a community structure in need into something beautiful through the application of fresh paint and a lot of elbow grease.
“Fresh Paint Days Pennsylvania empowers community groups to take a direct role in community revitalization efforts,” explains Shannon Reiter, President of Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful. “Something as simple as a fresh coat of paint on a public library or community center sends a strong message that we care about our communities.”
The 2019 Grant Winners and Projects:
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 928, Folsom, Delaware County – The VFW Post 928 and attached banquet hall that functions as the headquarters for outreach and support projects serving the local community, both veterans and civilians alike.
- Sunbury’s Revitalization Inc., Sunbury, Northumberland County – The home to Custom Metal Coatings, a small, family owned local business located in a federally designated historic district.
- 8th Police District Advisory Council, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County – The historic, 200 year old Bethany African Methodist Episcopal Church.
- Lawrence County Partners for Preservation, Pulaski, Lawrence County – Former home of the Feuchtwanger family and current home to the office of Lawrence County United Way.
- Reinvision Huntingdon, Huntingdon, Huntingdon County – A downtown community structure that was built in the late 1800’s and is used by local Juniata College students studying studio art and integrated media arts.
- Tri-City Meals on Wheels, Greensburg, Westmoreland County – Building where approximately 200 meals are prepared daily for the elderly and disabled.
- Philadelphia Mural Arts, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County – Tustin Playground Recreation Center, serving the Overbrook Community since the 1950’s.
- Borough of Patterson Heights, Beaver Falls, Beaver County – Municipal building that houses the Patterson Heights Volunteer Fire Department and serves as a gathering place for government activities and community functions.